Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Author Feature: Michael Cargill #RAOKBlitz

This week I am dedicating some time to feature an amazing author. I'd like to welcome Michael Cargill. For the past few months, Michael and I have become acquainted. He's one of the top people which are most active on The Writing World's Facebook page and within this blog.

He's always up to helping me promote events and different articles. So, in return and in conjunction with the Random Act of Kindness Blitz, I chose him to feature as a way to say thank you.

I asked him to tell me some things that he would like put within this post. Here is a little bit about Michael.

"I first started writing around the middle of last year when I put out a short, humor book for free just to see if I had the guts to do it.  Shortly afterwards I started a blog with the intention of using it to promote my books but it has evolved into it's own, separate entity.  Initially I harbored the illusion that I could just put satire news items and articles up and people would flock to read it all.  I thought that I wouldn't even need to reply to comments or anything like that.  Oh how quickly my vanity was shattered!

Interestingly (or not) I actually put up posters advertising my very book on trains and around my home town.  Some were taken down right away whilst others lasted for weeks.  They were simple things with only the phrase 'Sarcasm and Irreverence in abundance' and one of those QR codes that people can scan with their smartphones that took people to Smashwords.  I haven't bothered trying it again since then though.

These days I get all my marketing and advertising ideas from watching episodes of Mad Men.  So far I have become addicted to smoking in the office, getting angry at people and having fights with the weird-looking English office manager.  I am planning on dying my hair bright red and growing a huge pair of breasts soon."
 
With his humor and kindness that he has shown me, I'd love it if you took a moment and visited his Facebook page. While you're there, tell him I sent you and how awesome he really is. 
Thank you, Michael for being an amazing person and I am glad we have made an acquaintance.

4 comments:

Michael Cargill said...

Blimey, I am touched!

Thank you for your kind words Raebeth, there isn't a dry eye in the Cargill household at the moment.

Emily said...

Wow Michael your spreading through the blogs like a hilarious disease!

Michael Cargill said...

Why thank you my dear Emily. I think.

How did you find me though...? Spooky.

Oh and it's your go on Wordfeud!

Miriam Forster said...

Great post, Michael! Good luck with your writing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...