Sunday, July 15, 2012

[REVIEW] Midnight Hunter by Bonnie Bernard

Title: Midnight Hunter
Author: Bonnie Bernard
Pages: 255
Format: Ebook

Description:
Donna McCormick is a smart, pretty college student whose twenty-first birthday is a week away. Unfortunately, so is her murder - unless the mysterious man from the darkness can reach her first.

Donna is pursued in her dreams by a man who claims to be her Eternal Partner. During her waking hours, she’s cornered by another who claims to be the same. There’s only one problem: neither is entirely honest.

Or, for that matter, entirely human.

Eight years earlier, Donna’s life was dealt a terrible blow with the untimely death of a little brother who was left in her care. Ever since, Donna has yearned to get a normal life back – and despite her best friend Mo’s efforts to the contrary, Donna has almost managed it…at least until the Underworld cracks wide open, scattering chaos and spilling out every shifty force under the moon. Most of them want Donna dead, but some will stop at nothing to keep her alive.

Too bad she doesn’t know which is which.

With death following Donna like a shadow, she turns to her best friend for help. But instead of help, Mo offers only more mystery. And she knows more about the Underworld than she's willing to admit.

Now, Donna must choose: Cling to the mortal world where she feels safe, or embrace the Underworld where her dreams – and nightmares – come true.

One thing’s for sure - doing either one might get her killed in both.

Review: First I must start this review off by saying I'm glad I had a chance to read it. The plot was flawless and it flowed well. There's action throughout the book that leaves the reader sitting on the edge of their seat. The characters are well written and well thought out. I found myself caring very much so for Donna, the main character. I also found myself laughing at Donna's best friend Mo who seems a bit out there but adds some spunk into the story.

I very much so enjoyed this read. At first it seemed a bit hard to get into but as I read further, I was pulled right into the story. I was honestly up until the early hours reading until I found myself ready to fall asleep. I give this book 5 ***** stars and it totally deserves more.... but on the scale five is the most you can give. I recommend this book to those who enjoy reading about the paranormal world that has a bit of romance in it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...