Saturday, March 16, 2013

Author Spotlight with Michael Brown

Author Spotlight
featuring
Michael Brown




Biography
 
An acclaimed film editor, Michael Brown has won three Emmy Awards, an ACE Eddie Award and a Lifetime Career Achievement Award for feature and TV work. He is a member of the Directors Guild of America and the Writers Guild of America. As a TV writer, his credits include “CPO Sharkey” (NBC), “Brothers and Sisters” (NBC), “A.E.S. Hudson Street” (ABC), “Three for the Road” (CBS) and “Piper’s Pets” (NBC pilot). He lives in Chatsworth, California with his wife, Holly. William & Lucy is his first novel. His second title, a romantic comedy, Love, Sex, and Other Near Death Experiences will be published by Sunbury Press this summer. Michael is presently at work on a thriller. 
 
Book Review (Coming Soon) 



Author Links
 
 
Interview

1. Please tell the readers a bit more about you.
I’m a semi-retired film editor with an active mind and cannot seem to stop writing. I find
it exasperating fun, and much more rewarding than playing golf.

2. What types of books do you write?
My first novel is historical fiction but my second book, Love, Sex and Other Near Death Experiences, to be published by Sunbury Press this summer, is a romantic comedy, and my third endeavor will be in the thriller mode. Why change genres? Just to challenge myself and have fun.

3. Who's your main audience?
Hopefully, my audience because of the sexual content (what is life without sex?) is adults who enjoy a page turner.

4. When it comes to writing- what are your strong points? What are your weaknesses?
My strong points are research, concentration, and discipline. My weak points are avoiding research, concentration, and discipline.

5. What do you think of this term- Writer's Block? How do you overcome it?
I seldom have writer’s block as my mind is continually annoying me with ideas.

6. How many books have you written?
I have written two books, William & Lucy and the soon to be published Love, Sex and Other Near Death Experiences.  I have started my third novel, a thriller.

7. How many are published?
 Only one so far – William & Lucy.

8. Are you self published or traditionally published?
William & Lucy is self-published. Love, Sex and Other Near Death Experiences is being published by Sunbury Press.

9. What's the hardest part of the writing process for you?
Pushing on when I feel like doing something else.
 
10. What type of books do you enjoy reading?
I like to read mostly fiction; Nelson DeMille for his humor, Wilbur Smith and Vince Flynn for their page turning action pieces, Khaled Hosseini for personal drama, Diana Gabaldon for escapism.

11. Who's your favorite Author?
Nelson DeMille.

12. What's your all-time favorite book?
I don’t have one as there are so many really good novels.

13. How long does it take you to write a book?
From start to finish about nine months or ten months including re-writing and re-writing.
.
14. Out of all of your characters, which is your favorite?
Why? Lucy Sims, the 17 year old young woman who fell madly in love with William Wordsworth. I love her for her vulnerabilities, her determination, her strength of character and because she is a complete figment of my imagination.

15. What is one of the most surprising things you've learned as a writer?
That the more I write the more I learn about writing and, hopefully, the better writer I become in the process.

16. What does your family think of your writing?
They like the idea that there is a novelist in the house.

17. What does your writing schedule look like?
As a morning person, I write from 8am to approximately 1pm. And, sometimes, an hour in the afternoon or evening.

18. Do you manage to write every day?
I write six days a week, taking Sunday off.

19. What's the latest news you'd like to share?
That my second novel will be published this summer.

20. Do you have any advice for new writers?
Write! It’s a learning process. The more one writes the better!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...