Thursday, August 1, 2013

Author interview with Virginia Wright


WELCOME TO THE WRITING WORLD, VIRGINIA!!!



Bio

VIRGINIA WRIGHT (b. 1958) in Belfast, Maine is a five-time author, illustrator, food and nature photographer, blogger, recipe developer, and self-appointed Queen of recipe adaptation. When she is not tending her organic herb garden, taking photographs, sifting through recipes, cooking, or spending time with her husband, she is doing what she loves doing most...writing!


Virginia Wright first became a published author in 1981 when she sold her first writing to a regional magazine in the state of Maine. She also had several of her writings published in an Anthology-- Soundings, by the Poetry Fellowship of Maine. She has contributed opinion articles to many online websites as a freelance writer.

 Interview

  1. When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?

Ever since I was a young girl, I can remember sitting on the veranda of my parent’s house, with my pen and pad in hand, writing. Back then, I wrote mostly Poetry and Haikus. Over the years, I have written health articles, opinion articles, and poetry. In addition, I have developed recipes. However, for me, as of lately the love of words lies in—“children’s storybook writing.” It took me nearly one year to write The Princess and the Castle, my first book.

  1. Where do you get your ideas?
As far as ideas for books, they just happen…I could be out for a walk, someone could say something, I could have an old memory, then something is triggered and the story writing begins; or shall I say, “Where the magic happens.” When away from my computer, my writing pad is anything that I can write on, a tissue, a receipt, a piece of a torn magazine. I have even written on my hand before. Then when I get home, I get out my computer and write my thoughts down.

  1. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee or tea…I like them both equally. I drink coffee in the a.m. and tea in the p.m. I buy Organic coffee and tea! There are special blends of coffee as well as teas that I buy. I drink Peppermint for better digestion, Chamomile with Lavender for my nighttime tea, and a special blend Breakfast tea that I drink anytime during the day. Coffee is finely ground dark roast.

  1. Can you tell us about your upcoming book?

My next project is a world away from non-fiction children’s or fantasy writing. I am writing about a very important subject, a medical condition that mimics another. If this condition is diagnosed improperly, could prove to be deadly in some. If discovered early, could mean a difference of living a normal life from extreme mental illness and death. 


  1. Is anything in your WIP based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
My new book is not for children.  This is a story based on a real life family tragedy.



Author Links:
To find out more and connect with Virginia Wright go to:


Buy Links:




All My Books:


Bibliography:
The Christmas Secret
Crying Bear
The Princess and the Castle
The Prince and the Dragon
    Buzzzzzzzz What Honeybees Do 













 Showcasing: 

Title: The Princess and the Castle
Author: Virginia Wright
Genre: Children’s

Description:
Join in on the fun for a day and follow Elisabeth after she receives an incredible gift for her birthday; and with this amazing gift--she discovers a magical world just beyond, where she has one adventure after another.

Excerpt:
ONCE UPON A TIME, there was a very special little girl named Elisabeth…who always dreamed about being a princess and living in a castle.
One day during naptime, she dreamt that it was her birthday, and that she received an incredible gift wrapped with a big, beautiful, pink bow.
A tag was attached with instructions that read: “Elisabeth, open this birthday gift and your dream will finally come true.”

 

 

5 comments:

Dennis Higgins said...

Nice interview with the wonderful Virginia Wright as asked by the talented Raebeth Buda. I admire both these ladies.

Virginia Wright said...

Thank you, Dennis. Very kind of you to say!! I truly appreciate you stopping by Raebeth's blog to check out my interview.

Virginia Wright said...

Thank you, Raebeth for having me on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Love the interview! So much talent and passion! Thanks Virginia and Raebeth! :-) :-)

Virginia Wright said...

Thank you, Rik! So awesome of you to have stopped by Raebeth's blog to check out the interview!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...